Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Lasting Romance?

As we are today
once said to me,"Oh, you're just in love with love." And this, "You have a head full of romance. Come down from the clouds."

I didn't listen because some of these women in our family were not happily married. And I knew I didn't want to beforever quarelling with the man I'd someday marry. 
The whole idea of being courted and treated as someone extra special appealed so much. I wanted to be loved and cherished for myself. And if that's what romance really meant, then I believed in it and yearned for it to be true in my own experience. Why shouldn't a young woman have these hopes?I didn't want to be taken for granted, nor would I treat my true love that way.



 
I can speak about this subject with some authority. Only because my husband and I have lived out these ideals during our many years of a fulfilled, happy marriage.    
 
 Of course we've had our differences, but
 forgiveness always follows arguments and
 romance has been nourished. In all this we are grateful for Christaian faith and thank the Lord for guiding us daily as we read His precious Word.
 
 
 

No comments: